The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
As a dynamic, creative, team player you'll become part of our professional clinical team. This is an exciting time to support and motivate individuals to take control of their lives and to make changes to overcome dependence on substances and move onto a life free from addiction.
Responsibilities of the Substance Misuse Nurse:
- Dispensing and administering controlled drugs, such as opiate substitute treatment (OST) interventions, benzodiazepine reductions, alcohol and opiate detoxifications and relapse prevention medications.
- Ensuring high standards of care delivery through communicating, care planning and carrying out of comprehensive and risk assessments.
- Monitoring and evaluating client's treatment in order to monitor progress and ensure effectiveness of treatments including evaluation of risk to self and others.
- Managing a defined caseload of substance misuse clients, mental health clients and clients presenting with other addictive behaviours
- Maintaining accurate records and providing the kind of helpful, empathetic support that will make every client feel at ease
Requirements of the Substance Misuse Nurse:
- RGN/RMN 1 with valid NMC registration and preferably RCGP 1-2 in Substance Misuse
- Previous experience of working in a recovery focused team
- Ability to work autonomously; with sound clinical/substance misuse knowledge.
- Self-motivated, showing plenty of initiative when it comes to handling a wide range of situations.
- A full UK Driving License